This week’s episode is very special as it’s the live interview I did with my good friend Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower at the London Podcast festival.
And it’s a really powerful one as we discussed her two incredible books ‘What A Time To Be Alone’ & ‘Scribble Yourself Feminist’ and the processes that went into writing them, plus Chidera shared some amazing thoughts on mental health, imposter syndrome, parenting and what she’s learnt through recently starting therapy.
There’s so many gems in this episode so make sure you share it with a friend 🙂 And please be sure to leave a review on the podcast too!
Follow The Slumflower:
Follow Dreamer’s Disease:
IG: @the_dreamersdisease / @iamalexmanzi
Twitter: @dreamerspod / @iamalexmanzi
Topics we discuss:
- the process of writing her books
- what she has learnt through therapy
- how her relationship with her parents has changed
- how she deals with relapses
- the value of being liked vs being respected
- the importance of self-care
- dealing with imposter syndrome
- advice she’d give to her 12 year old self
- not forcing her message & knowing her audience