King CookDaily is someone whose journey I have been following for a while and have been massively inspired by having seen his journey from opening his hugely popular CookDaily Vegan restaurant, to building a real sense of community around the brand, and sharing his positive message online.
Having worked in Michelin star restaurants and fine dining venues, King is now a full Vegan and figurehead for the scene. We spoke about his journey through his career as a chef, how his family and roots gave him self-belief, how getting stabbed and being left fighting for his life gave him the motivation to succeed.
King’s journey has been truly inspiring and I was super chuffed to sit down with him for a chat.
If you enjoy the episode, please leave a review or comment!
IG: @kingcookdaily / @cookdailylondon
Follow Dreamer’s Disease
IG: @the_dreamersdisease / @iamalexmanzi
Twitter: @dreamerspod / @iamalexmanzi
Some topics we discuss:
– his family upbringing
– first cooking experience
– biggest lessons learnt from his childhood
– moving abroad to gain cooking experience
– how getting stabbed helped turn his life around
– his struggles trying to fit in
– working 100 days straight when he opened CookDaily
– praciticing Buddhism
– what he’s learnt from being a father