On this episode I am joined by Paula Akpan, co-founder of the I’m Tired Project and also the UK’s first Black Girl Festival.
We discuss her career path and journey from university, the exact moment she realised that she’d made her mum proud, the importance and influence of Black Panther, her biggest inspirations, why she’s following her passions rather than a specific career path and more.
If you enjoy the episode, please leave a review or comment!
Follow Dreamer’s Disease:
IG: @the_dreamersdisease / @iamalexmanzi
Twitter: @dreamerspod / @iamalexmanzi
Some topics we discuss:
– the idea and creation of Black Girl Festival
– the inspiration behind the I’m Tired project
– the exact moment she realised that she had made her mum proud
– dealing with negative comments online
– what feminism means to her
– the importance of not changing yourself to try and avoid stereotypes
– not letting your opinions affect others wellbeing
– the influence of Black Panther