On this episode I’m super excited to sit down with BBC Radio 1Xtra presenter, Reece Parkinson, someone who I have had the pleasure of watching grow and evolve over the past couple of years. Reece is someone who I regularly turn to to bounce ideas around about this very podcast and also the projects he’s working on. And someone I’d consider a good friend, so it was great to be able to sit down and discuss his story and dig a little deeper inside his head.
In the episode we hear Reece’s journey from community radio to Radio 1 & 1Xtra intern to getting his very own show on 1Xtra. We also speak about the importance of a strict daily routine to keep you focussed, why he likes to keep himself prepared like an athlete and why he doesn’t want to let his dreams slip away from him.
If you enjoy the episode, please leave a review or comment!
Follow Dreamer’s Disease
IG: @the_dreamersdisease / @iamalexmanzi
Twitter: @dreamerspod / @iamalexmanzi
Some topics we discuss:
– How he got started in radio
– What he learnt from being an intern at BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra
– Going from intern to presenter at 1Xtra
– His biggest inspiration
– Why he believes making content for online is so vital
– Preparing himself like an athlete
– Why he carries a copy of his goals in his wallet
– Letting one dream slip and not wanting to let another go
– How he focuses on his goals with a strict daily routine
– Studying the patterns of those he looks up to
– Why he believes in the power of manifestation